Monday 19 December 2011

Tech of yesterday today

I recently had the absolute honor of working on the Life Church Christmas production as a lighting designer with another guy who sadly I have forgotten the name of. Anyway the lights were amazing and everything (as I should have hoped they would be) though the night after I realized that I had just done something that when I was younger I thought was out of my reach now that was not being in charge of lights for a show but it was that I used a console with a touch screen, now yes I know I use touch screens every day but that's not the point I was using a touch screen to make something work. I can only think of the LCARS panels in star trek that when I was little I always wanted one because they were so cool. I had fulfilled a childhood dream of 'driving' something with a piece of equipment using touch screens.

Now I can imagine most people would have had similar experiences of commonly using tech that 15 years ago was absolutely impossible. think back and smile about how far we have come.

DFTBA 

No comments:

Post a Comment