Monday 5 September 2011

One year on


This being the 4th of September everything I see is tinted in the memory of fear from a 7.1 earthquake and not knowing what was going to happen. That has of course taught me a valuable lesson that being that hey life could be worse I have lived through the year I never considered.
So what have I learned that I can teach you all?
Never ever underestimate the human spirit I have spoken to people who pulled friends out of rubble, lost houses, lost friends and family and seen death in front of them. Myself I discovered that even when at what I had deemed the limit of my ability to stay and fight for my friends and help them I could take so many more emotional hits and keep going.
I apologize if this is to much emotional blabbering for you, however if you think about it when your world is shaken and torn down and you experience the true fear of death it's hard not to get emotional. The thing that got me through it was relationship with people when people bind together it's amazing and it turns darkness into something bearable.
As a final word to those who have never experienced anything like what myself and my fellow Christchurch citizens, value your friends more and remember your life and theirs can be taken at any moment don't live for tomorrow because nothing is ever certain your life can be taken instantly. In closing do not forget your mortality EVER.

(written on the 4th of September)

No comments:

Post a Comment